Services to Parents, Teachers, and Schools
Welcome to Sandusky Library
It is our hope that you will utilize our facility to its fullest extent. Our goal is to provide library services and resources for children from birth through adult years. We also assist parents, teachers, and others who work with children to find appropriate educational and recreational materials. Our staff welcomes questions and requests for services in person or by phone (419-625-3834).
Please take the time to thoroughly check out our website. It has numerous links for teacher resources, local history, and research sites using only one simple address.
The following school services are available at Sandusky Library:
- Teacher Totes (Complete units for your curriculum.)
- Storytime Totes (Units designed for preschool-first grade.)
- Science Totes (Consist of interactive books, games, puppets, tapes, and activities.)
- Every Child Ready to Read Totes (Totes are divided into two categories: Birth-2 years and 3-5 years. Consist of books, activities, and supporting materials to help a parent or teacher teach one of six essential pre-reading skills.)
- Informational Videos (Available for three weeks.)
- Big Books
- Programs or Tours (Please schedule two weeks in advance.)
- Educational CD-ROMs
- Educational Magazines (Examples: "Mailbox," "Copycat," etc.)
- Free Internet Access
The following school services are available at the Follett House Museum:
- Tours (Can be a general tour or prepared to complement a specific lesson plan or topic. Please schedule at least two weeks in advance.)
- Suitcase Museums (Speakers on local history topics which are tailored to the age and educational development of your students. These presentations are presented at your site. Please schedule at least two weeks in advance.)
- "Breakfast at the Follett House"
- "Flight Through Sandusky on the Underground Railroad
- "Indians of the Lake Erie Basin"
- "Old Fashioned Household Gadgets"
- "Quilts in the Firelands"
- "Sandusky School Days"
- "Toys of the Nineteenth Century"
- "Victory Gardens"
- "Virtual Tour of the Follett House Museum"
- "What People Wore in Early Sandusky"